miller433
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 29, 2010
- Messages
- 48
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N.E. Indiana
- Detector(s) used
- Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Is it wrong to show up for a MD trip with, unannounced, major modifications to your detector?? Just starting on our trip, I had my friend pull a shirt from the back uncovering the 15" WOT I had just attached to my Excal. Between the new coil and the new earphones I think he thought I was taking advantage of him.
By the way, Thanks to all those that answered questions about these mod's! The headphones ($5.99 from Harbor Freight) completely removed my wind problems, even with only one ear covered. The WOT speaks for itself, Pics to follow as soon as I get them off my camera.
By the way, Thanks to all those that answered questions about these mod's! The headphones ($5.99 from Harbor Freight) completely removed my wind problems, even with only one ear covered. The WOT speaks for itself, Pics to follow as soon as I get them off my camera.
Upvote
0

But why keep it a secret
I wouldn't show up at a shooting event with my scoped .50 cal to use on 150 yard targets but showing off a new modification on my open iron sighted 30-06 would be fun. A Howitzer might be a bit of overkill. likewise, if one of my friends showed up at our underwater hunt with some advanced UW device I would be wanting to see how much better it really was. How much was the conversion? Can it be modified to dig the hole as well as show me what's in it? Will it fetch? 







