Goes4ever
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4,949
- Reaction score
- 2,326
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NorthWest Ohio
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
Jack_Mightyheart said:That's in great shape. I don't know how hard it is to find, but it's one that I still don't have. It's hard to find any old nickel in -that- good of shape. Nice find![]()
timbobwey said:last week I baught lots of nickels from a bank, and came across 16 rolls that were all 59 and earlier.. I was finding tons of 42 d's p's ans s's.. I even found a 1950d, and a 1955p, which are two of the least minted nickels ever. I don't think 42d's are that hard to find.... I kept all the years and mints I didn't have, then I took the rest back to a bank and cashed them in... I don't know why people want to keep all 60 and earlier nickels.. there are only a few years that are worth money.... I also found a 44 war nickel!! war nickels are worth keeping for sure
Goes4ever said:I would think it would grade XF wouldn't you?
timbobwey said:Gmann, they minted war nickels and regular jeffersons in 42.. the one's I returned were not war nickels. I'm hoping you already knew this if you've been hunting nickels for 5 years
timbobwey said:Gman, I also never said that I returned the 42 nickels anyway, so I don't know what your even talking about.. I would never return war nickels, I look for them because they are the only silver nickels. So don't tell me I don't know what they are.
timbobwey said:I was finding tons of 42 d's p's ans s's..
timbobwey said:I kept all the years and mints I didn't have, then I took the rest back to a bank and cashed them in...
timbobwey said:I also found a 44 war nickel!! war nickels are worth keeping for sure