What's new

Is this a coin? If so what is the deal with it?

turtlefoot13

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
733
Reaction score
105
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to a sale today and picked up a button and some coins. I am having a bit of trouble understanding this one. First, I honestly don't even know if it is a coin. If it is, what is going on with it?

Thanks for all of the input.
Doug

copperfront.jpg

copperback.jpg
 
might be more of a store / trade token than a "coin" per si -- it was meant to be "money" only at a certain store / place. often they were made by the store / place owner and gave out as part of your change in a effort to get you to do "repeat bussiness" with them .
 
Upvote 0
I thought of that. I was wondering if it was some sort of large copper that is totally smooth and someone to a pipe and a hammer to.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
looks like a 5 is stamped on it to me
 
Upvote 0
looks like the bottom of a chair or table leg
 
Upvote 0
I guessing that it is a coin of some sort that has been really abused in its life. Thanks for all of the input. I appreciate it.

Doug
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom