What's new

Is this a fossil

skikat

Greenie
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this rock in a river bank. Im just wondering what it is. I haven't seen this pattern on rock before. Please give advise.p
 

Attachments

  • 0206210907a.webp
    0206210907a.webp
    487.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 0206210907b.webp
    0206210907b.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • 0206210907c.webp
    0206210907c.webp
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • 0206210908c.webp
    0206210908c.webp
    666.5 KB · Views: 80
Awesome
You have found yourself a mastadon/ mammoth or other like "Mega fauna" tooth.
You'll id close species quickly... search up mammoth teeth images, dig in from there and im sure you'll find similar and tons of ID info.
Glad I could be the first to help for once. I have found a couple . Let us know when you id species!
 
Upvote 0
I'd go back and see what else you can find. in that same spot. Those dentine ridges are a lot wider then I'm used to seeing. Interesting. Big critter though
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom