What's new

Is this a hat plate or badge of some sort???

Ripcon

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2016
Messages
725
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this unusual stamped brass object. I've attached 2 photos showing the front and back. It shows an embossed image of somebody harvesting wheat??? The back shows the attachment device. I found this one in west central Mississippi at an 1830's house site that also had lots of civil war activity. Thanks for any assistance on this mystery item.


1.webp
 

Attachments

  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    508.2 KB · Views: 100
Great guess interesting piece
 
Upvote 0
It's hinged, so it likely attached to something else. :thumbsup:
I don't see this being martingale (horse) related, it's more likely something decorative that was displayed in the home.

I'm thinking the symbolism of the wheatsheaf refers to the harvest and food consumption/production.
:icon_scratch:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Wow. That certainly is close to my piece. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom