What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this a Tiananmen Square coin?

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Found this awhile back and forgot I even had it. Didn’t know if it was Chinese or Hong Kong coin, I can’t seem to find a match online
 

Attachments

  • 9A56730F-E5DD-4696-B4A0-87A63833D20E.webp
    9A56730F-E5DD-4696-B4A0-87A63833D20E.webp
    689.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 2B21BEDE-A507-4DD9-9C95-F4AC4CDE0C89.webp
    2B21BEDE-A507-4DD9-9C95-F4AC4CDE0C89.webp
    477.7 KB · Views: 72

The Japan Mint started issuing these 10 Japanese Yen coins in 1951. They are currently still in circulation. The Japanese bronze-brown-colored coin of 10 yen has a diameter of 23.5mm and weighs 4.5g. It features a temple and bay laurel leaves.​

Don.....
 
Upvote 1

The Japan Mint started issuing these 10 Japanese Yen coins in 1951. They are currently still in circulation. The Japanese bronze-brown-colored coin of 10 yen has a diameter of 23.5mm and weighs 4.5g. It features a temple and bay laurel leaves.​

Don.....
Thank you sir
 
Upvote 1
10 yen from Japan it is. The depicted building is "Phoenix Hall", the main temple of the Byodoin monastery in Uji, south of Kyoto.
 
Upvote 0
I believe that is a Japanese 10 Yen coin.

Edited: they beat me to it.
 
Upvote 0
The date is given in Japanese on the reverse. I believe it's 1989.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Big Gold!
Replies
9
Views
794

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom