What's new

Is This From a Hawaii Company?

sodetraveler

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
267
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Historic Saratoga CA
My brother found this bottle awhile back and I've been having trouble identifying the base markings.

I've contacted the creator of a most excellent website on glass manufacturing marks named David Whitten and he's never seen this before either :dontknow:

Here's the website in case any of you guys want to study up on base markings: http://www.myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html :read2:

Anyway, since the bottle was dug up in Hawaii and looks to be similar to other Hawaiian medicine bottles manufactured on the mainland, I'm thinking that the base marking may be for a local company.

The marking is: H.H.M.Co. and it's on a medium sized tooled top medicine bottle. I'm guessing it's from around 1900 based on bottles that came out from the same location, but it could easily be anywhere from 1895 to 1905.

Do any of you know anything about this bottle or the company that might have used it? Please let me know if you do. Mahalo!!! :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • HMMCo.webp
    HMMCo.webp
    72.5 KB · Views: 488
  • HMM2.webp
    HMM2.webp
    140.2 KB · Views: 468

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom