What's new

Is this from a ship? (a.k.a. Whats this?)

Gemini420

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Is this from a ship? (a.k.a. What's this?)

Hi there,

I found this last week as a solid rust glob. I kept it because it was heavy.

Anyways, it cleaned up well, but I'm not sure what it is ... ?

It looks to me like it could be an old wood link or staple. I don't know what they are called, but it was something used to attach two piece of wood together side-by-side. The iron piece would lay across the seam of the two boards and hold them both together.

Anyone see a piece like this before or have any other ideas? Curiosity has got the best of me here.

Thanks,
Shane
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0471.webp
    IMG_0471.webp
    105.9 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0476.webp
    IMG_0476.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
Re: Is this from a ship? (a.k.a. What's this?)

Gemini420,That is a real cool design on that piece,no idea!Kinda looks like a minature battle axe.
 
Re: Is this from a ship? (a.k.a. What's this?)

I think your guess is good. It cleaned up nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom