What's new

Is this gunshell or from a toy cannon?

Shorehambysea

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on my first detecting on the beach in the UK. Anyone know what it is???
Cheers! image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a 303 casing (WWII)

Welcome.:hello:
 
Looks like a .577/455, or .577 Snyder cartridge.
 
Looks like a 303 casing (WWII)

Welcome.:hello:


THANKS. That is what my friend says too. Now I have to work out how it got on the beach in the south of England facing the English channel. WW2 soldiers protecting the coast???
 
THANKS. That is what my friend says too. Now I have to work out how it got on the beach in the south of England facing the English channel. WW2 soldiers protecting the coast???

Lots turn up on the beaches, I think they practiced on many. In fact many ranges are on the coast.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom