What's new

✅ SOLVED Is this some sort of horse shoe

smr1000

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
nokta legend
Found this in the woods, was very rusty. A short treatment with electrolysis for a better view.
In many ways, except for the shape, it looks similar to other horse shoes that I've found in the area.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Happy Labor Day to all!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3282.webp
    IMG_3282.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
Found this in the woods, was very rusty. A short treatment with electrolysis for a better view.
In many ways, except for the shape, it looks similar to other horse shoes that I've found in the area.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Happy Labor Day to all!
It's a heart bar shoe for a horse. It's used to treat a horse with certain types of hoof problems.
 
Upvote 6
You learn something new every day.
Thank you Sandhills Hunter!!
No problem, glad I could help. I know a little bit about horses and shoes. I used to raise quarter horses and had a farrier business on the side.
 
Upvote 2
Some horses have hooves that split. The shoe like the one you found is for a plow type critter. Now it could be for some drat type equine. bDo you see the bar type on it,. That is for working in the fields to get more traction
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom