What's new

Its round and made of brass.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's round and made of brass.

I found this a few years back. It's brass and 1 3/8 inches.
Could this be a Bearing and what would it be used for?
 

Attachments

  • Brass Bearing 001.webp
    Brass Bearing 001.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 563
Re: It's round and made of brass.

Picture?
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

NHbenz said:
Don't know what happened.
 

Attachments

  • Brass Bearing 002.webp
    Brass Bearing 002.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 545
  • Brass Bearing 002-1.webp
    Brass Bearing 002-1.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Brass Bearing 002.webp
    Brass Bearing 002.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 535
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

It could be copper but eather way I think it's to soft for a bearing.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

if it was made of steel or iron i would say it is a mill ball. as it is?
too cold for the brass monkey? :P
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

I heard Captain Queeg was looking for those, did you find both or just the one? And where are the strawberries???
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

A bearing of some sort as to not throw a spark?
Cheers
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

It's solid metal turned green. I only found one. It,s a rare antique.
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

I believe it's a check ball. These were found in the "foot valves" of large water pumps. Bronge or brass was used because it would not rust. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

Tony in SC said:
I believe it's a check ball. These were found in the "foot valves" of large water pumps. Bronge or brass was used because it would not rust. Tony
Thanks Tony.I will believe that and not the relaxation balls.Thank you.
Roger
 
Upvote 0
Re: It's round and made of brass.

VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Muffler bearing?

VPR
I don't think so, as muffler bearings are usually made of clay. I'm leaning toward a piece of a bumper fluid shut-off. The wrist-pin of the flu-flu valve could likely be found in the same vicinity, as they tended to seize at the same time.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Odd brass piece
Replies
1
Views
342
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pontiac emblem
Replies
3
Views
370
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
450

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom