What's new

its shallow in them woods

indydoberman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
so you broke down and got ur self an expensive metal detector and ur thinking to hit it big ,but all you get is the dirty clad ! Hunt for two hours and dig up $2.50 and thinging what a mistake ! Try the woods silver is there and its not deep ... for some reason the ground rejects it :icon_scratch: trust me :thumbsup:
 
well you dont hit it big all the time. when i find 1 dollar in clad i think that was a good and the point it to get out and get some fresh air :D :) you will hit it big someday if you keep trying :thumbsup: I need to hit it big!!! :tongue3:
 
I didn't buy my detector with the hopes of "hitting it big", nor, with the expectations of even finding enough to pay for the detecting equipment. I got mine for the fun and exercise (that I so badly need!). But, I do believe you are right.....those who have hit "the big one", probably did so with no expectations at the time. Kinda like my silver and sapphire ring, not a biggie to anyone else, but, it was enormous for me! This is my first detector, I've been at this for about 2 1/2 months, I have over $50 in clad, three silvers (the oldest a '41 Merc) and a big baggie of "stuff." To say I am very pleased would be an understatement.
 
Stuff is pretty shallow in the wooded areas I hunt too. The most shallow and oldest coin I found in the woods was an 1808 1/2 reale. It was only 2 inches deep! 99% of my hunting is in the woods looking for that old stuff. Love them woods.

-Swartzie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom