Jesse James Hidden Treasure

wildheart

Jan 1, 2009
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Jesse James' Hidden Treasure

Hey, did anyone catch this special, two-hour documentary on History Channel last Monday? WOW! Puts a whole new spin on the Jesse James story, both from a historical and a treasure hunting perspective. Here's a story about it: http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ry-of-Jesse-James/PCbs44qI30OF7cMggl5TPw.cspx

But this story reports they couldn't say what they found. That's not true -- they showed several rather long segments of treasure hunting with ground penetrating radar and regular MDs. And guess what? They FOUND some stuff, and it was relevant and EXCITING! Loved that the caches they found, after all the other fancy equipment, was found with a regular old handheld MD!

Sure hope they replay this, because it was fascinating. Got me so excited I even went out with my MD this afternoon for the first time in months, even though I'm recovering from pneumonia! (Hey, it was sunny and 70 degrees here today -- how many more of THOSE will I get to take advantage of?) Watch this if you can!

Mary

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Jesse James' Hidden Treasure

wildheart said:
Hey, did anyone catch this special, two-hour documentary on History Channel last Monday? WOW! Puts a whole new spin on the Jesse James story, both from a historical and a treasure hunting perspective. Here's a story about it: http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ry-of-Jesse-James/PCbs44qI30OF7cMggl5TPw.cspx

But this story reports they couldn't say what they found. That's not true -- they showed several rather long segments of treasure hunting with ground penetrating radar and regular MDs. And guess what? They FOUND some stuff, and it was relevant and EXCITING! Loved that the caches they found, after all the other fancy equipment, was found with a regular old handheld MD!

Sure hope they replay this, because it was fascinating. Got me so excited I even went out with my MD this afternoon for the first time in months, even though I'm recovering from pneumonia! (Hey, it was sunny and 70 degrees here today -- how many more of THOSE will I get to take advantage of?) Watch this if you can!

Mary

Great show. I am always an agnostic with this type of "videotaped when hunter dug out a gold bar" story.

I want to find out more about this story and about the treasure hunter that cracked it.

Well done, whether true or enhanced.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"There are several threads currently running here, on TreasureNet, in regards to this program."

My search produced no thread hits on this specific program.

Suggest we go with this one.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks,

Great threads, and thoughtful discussion.

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread