Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out late this afternoon to check the ground after a few hours of 40 degree temps. I went across the road to a neighbor's yard and poked around a few spots. The one area still soft enough to dig was around the trees. I picked a couple of coins, then got a large, strong signal and dug a horse shoe from a playing set........a couple of feet later, I found another. Laughing to myself, I wondered if there was a full set to be found. At the other end of the yard, sure enough, there was a third!! Now, I was determined to find a 4th no matter how long it took...........

0205 Hunt.jpg

Still need to find the stakes!! And, just for good measure, keeping with the shoe theme for the day............the last find was an old shoe horn.
If you look closely, you'll also see a tiny toy helicopter..........
Tomorrow the temps will be in the 40's again, so I'm looking forward to a longer, serious hunt............
Thanks for lookin' in and may the warm temps thaw your soils soon!!

Upvote 11

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got to get out Ive found enough horse shoes to make a horse shoe pit that's a good idea I finally can get out Monday it will be 38 which is all I need I have great winter coat gloves ect I can be out all day and not be even a little cold cool finds my friend!!!!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got to get out Ive found enough horse shoes to make a horse shoe pit that's a good idea I finally can get out Monday it will be 38 which is all I need I have great winter coat gloves ect I can be out all day and not be even a little cold cool finds my friend!!!!!

Thanks, Tommy.....these were the first playing horse shoes I've unearthed. Found 6 draft animal shoes last year. Good luck on your hunt in that cold......brrr!!

Anybody even play horse shew anymore I wonder?:dontknow:

Apparently the folks across the road did...........??

Thanks, art.

tn_outstanding.gif
Cool Chizzy!

Thanks, vpnavy..........best find the stakes if I want to toss 'em around...............

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the fun finds Chizzy. I imagine you ran into plenty of pull tabs and bottle caps near the horse shoe pit.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the fun finds Chizzy. I imagine you ran into plenty of pull tabs and bottle caps near the horse shoe pit.

After the first 2 horse shoes, it was like a scavenger hunt, Loco-Digger.........yeah, there was a fair amount of beer guzzlin' goin' on around the pits........:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions