Just moved to the Springs from FL. I am interested in joining a MD club. Any help appreciated.

usafaviator

Greenie
Feb 8, 2011
I’m in the Springs as well. We live in a city that is very detectorist unfriendly for sure. They just modified the city ordinance which states that we are allowed to detect on public land (parks, etc.), but we are not allowed to dig or otherwise disturb the soil in any way (basically limits us to surface finds). Further, we aren’t allowed to keep anything that has “value to man” or is over 50 years old- even a clad nickel can be perceived as having value to man. So, in other words, they have pretty much outlawed detecting here without outright outlawing it. I plan to start looking for areas outside of the city limits.
I know there are a couple groups here in town and a few larger clubs in the Denver area.

usafaviator

Greenie
Feb 8, 2011
Sorry. Colorado Springs, Colorado. I saw the op was from Colorado in his details, and knew he was meaning Colorado Springs. It is not a very friendly city to metal detecting at all, which is a shame because there is so much history here. I think our city is controlled by a large group of preservationilists.

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find private property to hunt. Screw ‘em! Yes, all those items in the ground are being “preserved” by the preservationists until they turn to dust. Unfortunate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions