Just one lonely merc..

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AM rain this morning didn't think I was going to get out but it stopped by 9 AM so I headed to the park these are bonus days in NY get out when you can digging a plug was just messy boots sinking deep in the mud but this is the riggers of the hobby.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419792041.762104.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419792059.395589.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419792075.729231.jpg

Upvote 7

Boxcarburt

Greenie
Dec 22, 2014
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that something like this is just par for the course for some of you... but I have to ask, is the fact that the detail is so awesome unusual? I mean, I have some 2006 dimes that look like they went down on the titanic... That is a really nice dime!

I like the clarity of that dime! I don't think I have ever seen a "Merc" in person!

Also... and forgive our silly new folks questions: Is there a benefit (besides softer ground) to detecting after a rain?

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love those mercs and that one is a pretty one. the rain or moist soil usually gives you better quality signals

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I
I know that something like this is just par for the course for some of you... but I have to ask, is the fact that the detail is so awesome unusual? I mean, I have some 2006 dimes that look like they went down on the titanic... That is a really nice dime!

I like the clarity of that dime! I don't think I have ever seen a "Merc" in person!

Also... and forgive our silly new folks questions: Is there a benefit (besides softer ground) to detecting after a rain?
If you're using a single frequency detector then yes wet ground is better but for a minelab dry ground is better just my in the field experience ...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Merc! Congrats! Dig while you can we're on borrowed time up here in the north!

Silver ( coins 1964 and earlier) comes out of the ground shinny most of the time. The clad not so much.

My detector likes damp ground, signals are clearer and I get more depth, plus it's easier digging up all the can slaw. :laughing7:

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was good we both got mercs today. Can't believe all the surface water on the ground. More like March detecting conditions!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Any day you dig a merc is a good day in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread