Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping up with Iron Patch's last hunt

Well 3 or 4 inches of snow fell overnight and myself, hunthicks and another local detectorist decided to brave the elements, hit a high of -4 degrees celsius plus the windchill… We decided to head over to the site where I found my Spanish Silver last week, however the field was occupied by a deer hunter so we obtained permission for some sites further up. The finds where slow as the grass was long and the snow on top of that so some targets were easily missed I'm sure. Pulled out tons of shotgun shells and then pops out a cartwheel penny (1797) then as you can see in the picture the other detectorist popped the largest coin I've ever seen (any ideas? looks like I see a date of 1775 on it…)…made the cartwheel look small by comparison. We then decided to try the side where the farmer said there was an old foundation, well a new barn was recently put on the site and we tried our luck anyways and BANG this cannonball was found only 2 inches under the soil…Tried another site quickly and nailed this 1855 self government and free trade token…. Hopefully next week we get some melt and the area is free of hunters to hit the good sites once again…thanks for looking….OH also showing the junk I dug to get the targets I did….not an easy hobby….:tongue3:

Attachments

• Cart2.jpg
    Cart2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Cart.jpg
    Cart.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Ball.jpg
    Ball.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 342
  • Trade.jpg
    Trade.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Junk.jpg
    Junk.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 8
OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting to think the same thing...

Talk about keeping the easy ones for yourself and making your guests dig deep! :laughing7:

PS: I don't think that large disk is a coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread