ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is it I am looking at in #1 and #3? Why do you think its kimberlite?

OP
OP
Bre

Bre

Greenie
Mar 6, 2017
Hampton Georgia
Detector(s) used
Harbor Freight 6 settings metal detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
#1 is a rock i broke into and i suspect it to be a kimberlite rock
#3 is a stone that tested positive to be diamond when i used my new diamond detector.Im not certain its kimberlite. Ive dedicated a daily walk through to my schedule sence December 2016. In the time that has elapsed ive witnessed a dramatic change in the area. There is a stream that is located about 100 yards behind my home. I have recorded over 75 trees falling down but they broke in the middle not at the stump. The land has shifted from hills that looks as if they inflated and now ive noticed yesterday that it looks like 3 giant steps goong down. The ground is heavily eroded along the streambanks and the streambanks are 8ft high. There are also several spots along the stream that are visually displaying some sort of blowout occuring. Along the streambanks there are hundreds holes that i first suspected to snake holes but my husband began to dig inside on/ sort of like pocket mining. he pulled out suspected diamonds. We also noted that these holes had water leaking out of them. But what blows my mind is how the trees are dying. I realized not only are they dying and falling but they are burning from the inside out. I will be heading out to take my walk soon and i will take pictures of the stuff i suspect to softened kimberlite. I also purchased a diamond tester and low and behold the diamonds are regestering real diamonds using the diamond detector 2. I actually would love some 2nd opinions on what is happing over here and what should i do next? What would yall do?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The diamond testers work best with cut stones. Take a suspected diamond to a jeweler. They'll let you know for sure in 2 minutes. The white stone looks more like quartz, diamonds generally occur in single crystals, but you never know.

Chessmen Trip

Feb 6, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a picture of the supposed diamond under better light or with a light shined onto it? If those are standard needle-nose pliers that sure looks large.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on it being a diamond but from what I have seen it would be extremely rare for a person to have found a natural diamond in Georgia.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what's up with your trees, but could it be an infestation of some sort of tree beetle/bug?
We've had to cut some oak trees because of that.
Also, if there is a spring in the area, it could be hollowing out the ground.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, probably sinkholes and some calcite or quartz.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not diamonds. But your description of all the localized upheaval and surreal goings on, I'd say you have a portal to another dimension there, or a wormhole. Oh, and you are already living in an alternate universe.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be a huge diamond,look up crater of diamonds state park in Arkansas, they show how a diamond looks raw.kimberlite is slimy stuff too.looks like a great spot for arrowheads though.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry to say that I can see no evidence of Kimberlite or Diamonds but due to the area that you are in and the type of Quartz you are finding, there may be Gold on your' property! However, the bigger concern is that I believe you have a ticking time bomb on your' hands. What you described is an area that is pooling water during rain events in a bubble-like way underneath the surface thus the inflated appearance (swelling) which is likely the case. During heavier rain events, it is able to relieve some of the pressure via all the holes that are popping up (appearing) as you described and the stepped appearance is likely collapse of the underlying rock and soil. The trees are likely dying due to the water that is retained in the bubble is stagnating, becoming toxic to plant life and killing the trees from the inside out. The trees that are dying were likely the only thing keeping a geological/hydrological disaster from occurring on your' property. Another possibility of the trees dying, is that raw sewage or toxic chemicals are flowing into or leaching onto your' property which could also explain the swelling of the surface due to gases trapped below the surface. You likely have several scenarios which could or may occur. 1) The ground could swell during a heavy rain event and when it can hold no more, there could be a total blowout which could cause flash flooding, risking not only the remaining trees but also risking life and property. 2) Repeated pooling of water which when it is not getting relieved on the surface, will eventually find another avenue to relieve the pressure through the rocks and surface below and could open up a large sink hole or an opening to a large cave system.

I would advise contacting the USGS (United States Geological Survey) and Forestry Service or a Geologist and Botanist from a local University and have them come out an assess the situation on your' property. You also might ask the Hydrologist from the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Atlanta to come out and see what he or she thinks of the situation as well.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread