Kinzua Bridge Cache Revisited.

the_rook

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings fellow treasure hunters,
A friend and I want to spend our summer treasure hunting and the kinzua cache came up.
Does anyone have info on it? I've only found folklore so far. Nothing substantial.
I don't want to waste my time on a myth that isn't there so if any of you have shreds of concrete
evidence I'd love to hear them.

There's an old post on here that says it was a bank in pottersville, But most places online says emporium.
I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance,

The_Rook

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was Pottersville, not Emporium. I think the story about Emporium was started years ago by a writer in Potter County who was known to embellish his stories when wrong information. Over the years other writers picked up on Emporium as the town robbed, which is entirely wrong.

OP
OP
T

the_rook

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know this information? Like I said, I've yet to find anything concrete to show that this isn't just folklore.

P.S. its Palmersville

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in the area and any local historical society will be able to answer any questions you have except where the treasure is at.

OP
OP
T

the_rook

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you pong, I'm heading out there Friday to check things out. May spend the summer Looking for the silver mine in tionesta instead depending on how things go and what my partner thinks.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if your aloud to detect the Kinzua bridge anymore

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread