What's new

Klingerstown with texjim today

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,945
Reaction score
76,414
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got there a week before the Carnival

Picture 001.webp

Picture 003.webp

Picture 005.webp

Picture 006.webp

Picture 010.webp

Morning was a bit wet
showers off & on
about noon the sun came out full force.


My gas rebate today $4.23

Picture 014.webp
& an Iron Donut :coffee2:

other finds a 1944 Assassinated Lincon

Picture 019.webp

1958 - D Roosie

Picture 015.webpPicture 016.webp

& What I Thought when I pulled it out
a Flat Ring.
However Fruther Inspection,
I'm thinking Bolo or Clip of some type ?

Picture 027.webp
Picture 020.webpPicture 025.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice Bunch of finds Jeff! :thumbsup:

Maybe there was a Rodeo, At one time and that could have been a clip for something Leather. I agree with you not being a ring!
 
I think it IS a kids ring. They made em adjustable, and cheap
 
nice job Jeff. I had to take my truck to Allentown when i got home. I'll try and post tomorrow.
 
texjim said:
nice job Jeff. I had to take my truck to Allentown when i got home. I'll try and post tomorrow.

I Hope it was or IS A Quick Fix
if you had to leave it.
 
they gave me a loaner...i asked for a Ferrari but they we all out :laughing7: i got an impala instead :-\. when i replied to your post i was only home for 15 minutes or so.
 
texjim said:
they gave me a loaner...i asked for a Ferrari but they we all out :laughing7: i got an impala instead :-\. when i replied to your post i was only home for 15 minutes or so.

impala ? LOL

104.webp
 
Nice pics and finds....congrats ! :thumbsup:
 
nice finds Jeff, love the assassinated Lincoln :icon_thumright:
 
Hey if it rained, atleast you could still hunt under that tent! :tongue3: Nice finds Jeff :thumbsup: jgas
 
Pretty sure that's a child's ring that has been flattened.

Not so sure that's just an iron ring, but don't care to speculate...
 
Thanks everyone

Tuberale said:
Pretty sure that's a child's ring that has been flattened.

Not so sure that's just an iron ring, but don't care to speculate...


Points of intrest that make be doubt ring

Picture_025.webp

Shaped like a Bowl
Strips attached on the sides
not bottom.
all Curves look intentional not Squashed
especially the one at the tip
 
could it have been some kind of cap for a ride or something...
 
THAT my friend is a....I have no clue...but I love the design on it! Congrats on the unique keeper! :thumbsup:
 
My 2 cents, looks like a possible run-over ring to me, if soft soil with decent material (silver or aluminum) the bends would be smoother and not as abrupt. Is it silver or aluminum tho, is what I would want to know ? If it is silver, the ring is worth getting restored probably 8) On the other hand I have found cheaper rings and they don't tend to bend they break. Copper and brass for example, just depends on the material, as we all know aluminum is very flexible , can-slaws for example! Love that slain Lincoln penny also ! I have found some very nicely wasted Indian heads in the past also!
 
CoinandRelicMan said:
My 2 cents, looks like a possible run-over ring to me, if soft soil with decent material (silver or aluminum) the bends would be smoother and not as abrupt. Is it silver or aluminum tho, is what I would want to know ? If it is silver, the ring is worth getting restored probably 8) On the other hand I have found cheaper rings and they don't tend to bend they break. Copper and brass for example, just depends on the material, as we all know aluminum is very flexible , can-slaws for example! Love that slain Lincoln penny also ! I have found some very nicely wasted Indian heads in the past also!

although it came out at an easy 8" looking
realy nice, I consider myself Pretty accurate
telling silver from aluminum.

plus The tone was Unique
not silver or Can Tab

But I'm convinced thick aluminum
 
mighty_mace said:
Cool cowboy...did they ever have rodeos over there?

Not that I'm aware, but wouldn't count it out
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom