Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday I continued my door knocking to get permissions to some early 1900's homes. I ran across a 1910 house that looked like one of those old yards with huge oaks, magnolias, and boxwoods. The elderly lady was very nice and told me to have at it and come back any time. Music to my ears!
The house has large side yards so this place should keep me busy for two or three more trips.
This is what I dug yesterday on my first try.
*10 Wheats ranging from 1928-1945
* 189? IH penny
*A 13 star 2-pc button missing the back (Any idea whos face that is on this button?)
*A small metal dome type button
*Vintage "FUN-n-GAMES" brass token. (Google search has it listed from Youngstown, Ohio)
*Hew weight, pocket knife, lipstick container, brass spray nozzle, accordian reed.

Once again, no silver yet. :dontknow:

It's only 39 degrees today so I will be going back on Tuesday.
Thanks for l@@king, and HAPPY NEW YEARS fellow treasure hunters.
-MM-

Attachments

• IMG_20240101_134010831.jpg
    IMG_20240101_134010831.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20240101_134147140.jpg
    IMG_20240101_134147140.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240101_134234406.jpg
    IMG_20240101_134234406.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240101_134209806.jpg
    IMG_20240101_134209806.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240101_133657164.jpg
    IMG_20240101_133657164.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 17
So yesterday I continued my door knocking to get permissions to some early 1900's homes. I ran across a 1910 house that looked like one of those old yards with huge oaks, magnolias, and boxwoods. The elderly lady was very nice and told me to have at it and come back any time. Music to my ears!
The house has large side yards so this place should keep me busy for two or three more trips.
* 189? IH penny
*A 13 star 2-pc button missing the back (Any idea whos face that is on this button?)
*Vintage "FUN-n-GAMES" brass token. (Google search has it listed from Youngstown, Ohio)
*Hew weight, pocket knife, lipstick container, brass spray nozzle, accordian reed.

-MM-
Happy New Year xx great huntโ€ฆ and your pics are just awesome ๐Ÿ˜ xx

Nice job - yes ... go back - good chance there could be some nice old Silver Coins hiding there !

Good Luck !
That 13 star button threw me off. I thought it was an old coin because it was heavier and full of dirt in back when I dug it. I thought maybe it was an old nickel. It was not to be. Oh well. I'll keep trying. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

Well done on the permission.
Your button
Screenshot_20240101_144726_Chrome.jpg

Is probably the front of a collar stud.
Different but the same idea.
20240101_144216.jpg
20240101_144223.jpg

Nice catch, you might find the stud part.
That spray nozzle probably still works even.
I use a recovery for watering, easy to clean and fix.
Best of luck going back for another hunt.

Well done on the permission.
Your button
View attachment 2123549

Is probably the front of a collar stud.
Different but the same idea.
View attachment 2123550View attachment 2123551
Nice catch, you might find the stud part.
That spray nozzle probably still works even.
I use a recovery for watering, easy to clean and fix.
Best of luck going back for another hunt.
Thanks for that info. ๐Ÿ‘ Hopefully the back will pop up.
You are correct on those spray nozzles. Iโ€™ve dug four of them in yards this year and they still work. Quality made back then.
Have a great week. Send me some gold coin mojo. ๐Ÿคช
-MM-

Thanks for that info. ๐Ÿ‘ Hopefully the back will pop up.
You are correct on those spray nozzles. Iโ€™ve dug four of them in yards this year and they still work. Quality made back then.
Have a great week. Send me some gold coin mojo. ๐Ÿคช
-MM-
Oh I wish it was so easy, been trying to send a good silver Dollar mojo to the reflection for 55 yrs-sick and tired of the all the false promises. :laughing7:

* 189? IH penny

-MM-
That looks like a fun day :)....the portrait sort of resembles George Mason but I'm sure it looks like a lot of colonials..lol

Congrats on a promising new permission!
I think those hose nozzles are my most common find in yards, other than coins. I bet I have 25-30 of them in 4 years of detecting.

Congrats on a promising new permission!
I think those hose nozzles are my most common find in yards, other than coins. I bet I have 25-30 of them in 4 years of detecting.
Those nozzles are popping up a lot. I cleaned one up and use it on my hose now. Vintage. ๐Ÿ‘

That looks like a fun day :)....the portrait sort of resembles George Mason but I'm sure it looks like a lot of colonials..lol
I thought maybe I had a โ€œVโ€ nickel. I saw those stars. Darn it.
Weโ€™ll get em next time.

* 189? IH penny

-MM-
Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back