I hit a few a couple weeks ago and found about the same thing,LOTS of clad but no goodies except for one sterling st.Cristopher pendant.Must have been some beach rakeing goin on this summer.This hobby just keeps on growing,gotta keep on getting more and more creative to keep the good finds commin'...
You'd think with all the beaches we have in wny we'd still be able to find at least some clad, but my grand total from 4 beaches in two days was 37 cents ! I was so disgusted I went to my local town park and brought home $2.00 in clad in about 1 hour of hunting.
Hi all,
I searched sunset beach and sunset bay beach club at about 6 in the morning about a month ago, after the club closed figuring id find some drunkin lost lute ---not much luck there either a couple bucks in clad, no gold or silver, bummer. but it was a great time just to be out there doing what i love!!
Been there done that guys. Detected a number of beach areas in western NY area and frankly you would do better in a school yard. However - and theres always a however - my wife found a silver dime Jan 2nd 2007 a 1900 S mint marked Barber Dime in the water on a beach in Chautauqa Co. The amazing part is - who ever heard of beach hunting Jan 2nd in NYS?
I know who cleaned them out he showed me three cigar boxes of gold and silver goodies. On the subject of beaches the metro parks rack themevery day during swim season.