What's new

Unknown beach find

caressofsteel

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
This was found 10-15 years ago Iand I just now pulled it out of the closet and photographed it.

I can't remember if I found it because my metal detector hit on it or if I simply saw it and picked it up.

I was thinking over the years a nickel meteorite but it's not magnetic.

I can however rule out something thrown into a burn pit because it was found on a beach of a provincial park with lake erie on one side and a protected wildlife area on the other.

We can rule out iron, steel or copper.

Would like to hear some opinions.
 

Attachments

  • unknown-1.webp
    unknown-1.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
  • unknown-2.webp
    unknown-2.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
  • unknown-3.webp
    unknown-3.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • unknown-4.webp
    unknown-4.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 1
What is the weight ?
Heavy ?
Light for its size ?
?
 
Some kind of conglomerate,.....l is there a hot spot on it
 
What is the weight ?
Heavy ?
Light for its size ?
?
I didn't weigh but always thought of doing a density check to better determine what metal it may be.

It is sitting on a large coffee can with a Canadian quarter used as a reference.

I can't say it is light or heavy for it's size.

From my experience handling silver over the years I would say no it does not have the same density as silver.

I just pulled this out the bag the other day and got around to photographing it today.

We have a local university with an Earth Sciences lab that will test it for a small fee.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
I didn't weigh but always thought of doing a density check to better determine what metal it may be.

It is sitting on a large coffee can with a Canadian quarter used as a reference.

I can't say it is light or heavy for it's size.

From my experience handling silver over the years I would say no it does not have the same density as silver.

I just pulled this out the bag the other day and got around to photographing it today.

We have a local university with an Earth Sciences lab that will test it for a small fee.
Get it tested, bet it's beer grade aluminum. No offense but I really think it's a fire pit can.
 
Get it tested, bet it's beer grade aluminum. No offense but I really think it's a fire pit can.
Or a pop or one of those energy drinks.
But beer can covers it well.
Scrap bucket
 
I have found aluminum slag like that after a boat burned and sank.
 
This was found 10-15 years ago Iand I just now pulled it out of the closet and photographed it.

I can't remember if I found it because my metal detector hit on it or if I simply saw it and picked it up.

I was thinking over the years a nickel meteorite but it's not magnetic.

I can however rule out something thrown into a burn pit because it was found on a beach of a provincial park with lake erie on one side and a protected wildlife area on the other.

We can rule out iron, steel or copper.

Would like to hear some opinions.
Was it found on a Space Coast, or Treasure Coast beach?
 
I agree with Cutty-it's a beer can that had been thrown into a campfire.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom