What's new

Large Brass Buckle

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have dug a bunch of brass buckles, but not one close to this. It was dug near Richmond Virginia where there was known War of 1812 occupancy. I'm baffled on this one. Is it a possible military style , or simply tack?

It measures a large 3-1/2 x 1 - 3/4

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • April 2011 2011-05-02 005.webp
    April 2011 2011-05-02 005.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 329
  • April 2011 2011-05-02 006.webp
    April 2011 2011-05-02 006.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 294
  • April 2011 2011-05-02 007.webp
    April 2011 2011-05-02 007.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 302
Yours looks similar to one I found a while back. I thought it was horse tack related when i found considering it was near an old corral. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0327.webp
    DSCN0327.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom