What's new

✅ SOLVED Large pheasant button.

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any info on this 1 1/8” button is appreciated. Tia.
BCC6DDC5-2C86-4D3E-81A3-A934A5A651C3.webp
C9D9E727-4BE5-4B07-88F7-A91345A59C14.webp
 
Nice button! I can never research buttons for some reason but someone will know more. I'm in N.E. Iowa and pheasants were introduced about the same time. Google blurb- As Illinois land use changed, pheasants were introduced to replace diminished populations of prairie chickens and other game and hunters reaped the temporary bounty. Ring-necked pheasants, a species native to Asia, were first introduced in Illinois in the late 1800s. Populations peaked in the early 1950s.
 
Upvote 3
Wow 170 years old and in great shape. That back mark Extra Rich Quality is common but not the crown. Must have been an English gent out for birds.
 
Upvote 2
I believe your button is called a Sportsman button....1850's.....the two I've found both had game birds depicted.
Thanks Tedyoh. Good info
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom