What's new

Last few water hunts - old military button

time4me

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Haven't added any more gold in the last few hunts. Hit salt water and fresh water. The toasted mercies came from salt water. The earrings and gilt button came from freshwater.

Any ideas on button age? I think I can make out ______ BUTTON Co. on the back.

DSCN0716.jpg


DSCN0718.jpg


DSCN0722.jpg


Happy Hunting,

Jim
 
Upvote 0
The button looks like a Union Eagle (Civil War) The back should say Waterbury button co. it may also say Scovill mfg.Very nice find :thumbsup:
 
I can make out waterbury from here.
 
No, it is more likely post civil war, during the war, most buttons had "I" for infantry, "A" for artillery, etc. instead of a shield on the eagle. It is not to say that it can't be though

HH
-GC
 
Thats because it is a general service eagle button(overcoat) :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom