What's new

Last nights nickel boxes

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did 2 nickel boxes last night and got the following:

3 war nickels (43P, 44P, 45P)
64 pre-61's (keeping 60 and 61 now to fill a book)
1 British 20 pence (1982)
1 Bermuda 5 cent (2000)

As I was sitting there thinking about all the empty holes in my book, I was hoping to see a 50D show up. Got toward the end of one roll just as that though poped in my head and low and behold a 1950 was there. Flipped it over with great anticipation and no mintmark.... >:(

Grabbed a box from a BOA which had different wrappers than I have seen before. They were light brown with teal writing on them. Does anyone know which carrier uses these?
 
Upvote 0
Make sure to check the '43P for the 3 over 2 or eye doubling and '45P for DDR.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Ah, good idea. Was so late last night when I finished I just threw them in my war nickel roll. Will have to do that tonight. Thanks!
 
Is there a reason to keep nickels before 60? Obviously not counting the war nickels. I found a few in my box this week, but didnt hang on to them, they are in my buckets for dump. I didnt save them, but if there is a good reason, I will start in the future... Obviously I kept the ones that fit missing dates in my collection.
 
There is no difference in the alloy of the pre-60 with the obvious exception of war nickels. I keep them to build a couple of books for my kids. Being that they are a bit harder to get than your average 60's, 70's, 80's, ect I hang on to the ones I see. If you find some in good shape like a few that I have I think there eventually will be a premium on some dates.
 
Cool, thanks. I have space to keep them, so i guess I might as well, they only cost me a nickel after-all. If I ever decide I dont need them, hell, they will sell for a nickel! What a great hobby!
 
Went out and rounded up 3 more boxes today during lunch. Going to try to get some more wars and buffalo's.
 
Did 2 of the 3 nickel boxes last night with the following results.

28 - Pre-60's
12 - 60's & 61's
1 - war (44P)
1 - Canadian nickel (2000)

Both these boxes had a very low count of pre-60's but did find a few nice 38's, 39's and 40's. Was able to switch out a few of my slots in my book.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom