What's new

Late Afternoon Minus Tide Ring, Carbide?

SoCalBeachScanner

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
610
Reaction score
547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coastal Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Sore arm or not, for a couple hours late this afternoon, I hit the 3:00PM minus tide (-1.7) at Sunset Beach, CA. Targets were few and you could walk out in the surf a long ways. It was overcast about sixty degrees, almost nobody on the beach, and no one scanning the beach.

I don't know what the "S" means on the ring, but it's heavy and very smooth. So my thinking is maybe it's Carbide. You don't find many intact large shells in SoCal, so when I saw this cool looking shell flopping around way out there in the surf, I had to bring it home. This shell just may be my best find this afternoon :)

In that close-up photo of the sand, you can see the waves of black iron sand, and the ATX ran smooth and quiet.

Thanks for Looking


Sunset1.webp--Sunset2.webp--Sunset3.webp


Sunset4.webp--Sunset5.webp--Sunset6.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a tungsten! Nice shell, cockle?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom