LESSON LEARNED BRINGS SILVER

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
I was talking to fellow member MarkG and Johnymc on sunday during a hunt. I was telling them I had gotten permission to hunt a farm dating to 1860-1870. anyway I hit it for a few hours just to see if it would produce only to get a few wheat's and clad. Mark Told me he had a site with similar results and Johny mc suggested slowing down really hit one area hard and see what happens. I did just that today for 2 hours between appointments. The results are below out of maybee a 15 x 30 area. lesson Learned, slow down, don,t try to hunt it all in a day. Good luck all H.H.

TnT
Standing No date (Awwww)
1905 Indian
1913 barber
1918 merc.
also some wheat's not shown...

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• md24 008.jpg
    md24 008.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 506
  • md24 009.jpg
    md24 009.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 510
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess these were deeper? Fainter signals? Sometimes when I hit one small area I get signals that are a little faint and I'm always thinking "do I feel like spending 10 minutes digging another deep nail?". Does this happen to you?

Anyway, great haul!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver, nice finds! HH, Mike

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Johny Mc sounds like a wise guy - in the good sense. ;D It really pays to take advice and listen to those with the experience. I thought I was hunting "slowly" until I took a trip to NY and watched an experienced "pro".

By the way - Awesome coins. I bet a lot more turn up there.

Mirage

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
Great finds.

I am learning so much just from reading everyones posts. maybe i should slow down. I sweep and try to cover alot of ground i think its obviously the wrong tech since i dont really find anything like this stuff you have.

thanks for the tip!

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Atta Boy!
I told you there had to be something good at that spot. Now, when are WE going?
Congrats!
MarkG

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Wonderful coins!
Of course you're right about slowing down. I'm just naturally impatient and I KNOW that I find better things when I just take my time.... Thanks for the important reminder!
Ruth

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice digs! Your absolutely right, slowing down and clearing an area foot by foot makes a huge immediate difference in your finds. I just wish all my slow-hunted areas came up with those results!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread