What's new

Let's play what is it!

Nick79

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2018
Messages
763
Reaction score
1,929
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug this at a site that I have found 1900s to 1950s items at. Any thoughts? Thanks!
20180923_144610.webp20180923_144604.webp
 
It is, I think, the cover plate off of either a coffee grinder or a cherry pitter.
 
Upvote 0
i have one of those my pawpaw said it was used to grind corn
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the front plate off of a coffee grinder. Look at the radial lines around the hole on the flat side. Those are one half of the grinding process ... the other grinding plate attached to the crank handle. Also, notice the chute at the bottom of the plate. That is the exit port for the ground coffee. I have one of these around the house somewhere and, if I can find it, I'll post a pic.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, makes sense!
 
Upvote 0
This is not my grinder but is a picture I found on-line. It is just like the one I got from my great grandmother.

coffee grinder.webp
 
Upvote 0
It is the outside plate/cone for a small burr mill, usually coffee or meal. The two small holes are for mounting, the large is for adjusting the center burr and the slot on the bottom is the discharge. Good find!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom