What's new

Light Bulb

worldtalker

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,617
Reaction score
31,162
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this a few days ago,haven't seen one like it in a LONG time.The filiment is intact,I think I'll hold onto it,after Jan. they are outlawed,except Canada,for now,could be worth some money!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: God Bless Chris
 

Attachments

  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    109.8 KB · Views: 598
  • 030.webp
    030.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 594
Yes, a nice future relic of the past Chris. What they should have done is wait until something OTHER than a CFL bulb is available before they banned incandescents. CFL's contain TOXIC Mercury >:( and I get stressed out everytime I have to change one afraid that I am going to drop and break it!!!
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Yes, a nice future relic of the past Chris. What they should have done is wait until something OTHER than a CFL bulb is available before they banned incandescents. CFL's contain TOXIC Mercury >:( and I get stressed out everytime I have to change one afraid that I am going to drop and break it!!!
Not to mention the frequency they operate at.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find ! I love old light bulbs . I have many I've collected over the years .
 
Upvote 0
--and the reported fire hazard from China's bulbs--- are they really band in the U.S.? have not heard this. if everything changed to diode lights, that's a better thing---- da Prof
 
Upvote 0
aka said:
--and the reported fire hazard from China's bulbs--- are they really band in the U.S.? have not heard this. if everything changed to diode lights, that's a better thing---- da Prof
Sorry,I was off a bit,a lot of stuff folks aren't aware of,Heck,I'll pull their coats to a lot of stuff! God Bless Chris http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45156
 
Upvote 0
Hey MOJJAX....WHAT KINDA BULB IS THIS I GOT..ALWAYS WONDERED.WAS IN HOUSE WHEN I TOOK OVER..NOT IN A FIXTURE THOUGH
 

Attachments

  • P1010872.webp
    P1010872.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0
curt_in_wmass said:
Hey MOJJAX....WHAT KINDA BULB IS THIS I GOT..ALWAYS WONDERED.WAS IN HOUSE WHEN I TOOK OVER..NOT IN A FIXTURE THOUGH
a BIG one! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
High output outdoor lighting, I have several nib 1.5 kW ones I salvaged from the trash a number of years back.
 
Upvote 0
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=45156
[/quote]
---GAD, I can almost remember hearing about this, now that I read your link. I really haven't noticed the absence of 100 watters. --they do give a better illumination in work lights--
 
Upvote 0
curt_in_wmass said:
Hey MOJJAX....WHAT KINDA BULB IS THIS I GOT..ALWAYS WONDERED.WAS IN HOUSE WHEN I TOOK OVER..NOT IN A FIXTURE THOUGH
Here's a big one I have , about the same size as yours , Curt . It is marked 400 W pat. NOV 8 1904 .
it was up in the rafters in our barn in a big metal "china Hat" fixture .
 

Attachments

  • bulb 007.webp
    bulb 007.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 808
  • bulb 013.webp
    bulb 013.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 801
Upvote 0
The ones with the glass "nipple" are the real old ones....
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Yes, a nice future relic of the past Chris. What they should have done is wait until something OTHER than a CFL bulb is available before they banned incandescents. CFL's contain TOXIC Mercury >:( and I get stressed out everytime I have to change one afraid that I am going to drop and break it!!!

You mean "HAZMAT" Mercury. Should you be ganging them yourself? I think you be noticing your local HAZMAT team.
 
Upvote 0
as far as phasing out goes-- just bought an eight pack of 100 watters today at Loewes--- so, must not have been enforced just yet--
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom