What's new

Limestone?

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,
I commonly "eyeball" clay marbles in the sugarcane fields here in Louisiana while relic hunting. But this one is different. It is heavier and looks like lines on it where it was made perhaps? Any guesses? I'm thinking it looks like the limestone marbles I saw on some marble sites. It is about 1 inch across. Heavier than the others this size that I find. Thanks for any help. Shane The Cane Field bandits
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8833.webp
    IMG_8833.webp
    516.6 KB · Views: 123
Hi Shane!

I don't know! I haven't seen one like it. I think the weather has eroded it a lot, but it does appear to be a stone marble or mill ball of some kind.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom