Little buck having a leafy dinner

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ok, I know you REALLY don't like snakes, and with good reason. Tommy says those little rattlers are all over the place up there, and "they are ticked-off at the world"! He's always told me to stay out of the grass this time of year if I go up with him. But, 2 1/2 inches of rain! The few drops we did get at least washed out some flakes. :hello:

lisa

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Ok, I know you REALLY don't like snakes, and with good reason. Tommy says those little rattlers are all over the place up there, and "they are ticked-off at the world"! He's always told me to stay out of the grass this time of year if I go up with him. But, 2 1/2 inches of rain! The few drops we did get at least washed out some flakes. :hello:

lisa
I would be in the woods and at the creeks 12 months out of the year if it wasn't for snakes! And Tom is right, this time of year is the worst I think--the snakes will "blind strike" at anything that moves.
My grandpa had a great fear for them too and I remember him preaching at us all the time when we were little about how to watch for snakes. I also remember him telling stories about how he would float down the creeks on a innertube in the summertime, fishing and fight off water moccasins with the fishing pole!

Carmon

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
this one i got a little to close too

Attachments

• DSC04505.JPG
    DSC04505.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC04505.JPG
    DSC04505.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve71 said:
this one i got a little to close too
Good lookin buck! He was almost on top of you! And my gosh, it sure looks dry where you're at! Its a wonder anything can survive with the drought so bad in this part of the country. At least we still have some green grass here in Okla.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions