Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up to Cataract Lake near Heeney CO today. Leaves haven't quite caught up to those around here farther south, maybe one more week. This is one of those places that you would think nobody knew about but apparently people from all over the country do. If you ever go camp here, be forewarned, this is bear country and they're in full on scavenging mode right now. That bein said, from my experience camping there, your biggest threat is mosquitoes. There are more here than I've seen anywhere else in Summit County when it comes evening.

Attachments

• 9-17aa.jpg
    9-17aa.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 9-17bb.jpg
    9-17bb.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 9-17cc.jpg
    9-17cc.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 9-17dd.jpg
    9-17dd.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 37

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any bets going on when the next tourist will try for a selfie with a bear in the background ?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The pics are beauties. Thanks.:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Breath taking beauty! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tr some time back one night while I was at work we had one come up, look in the windows and paw at the door, and the younger grandson went out and chased it off, and chased it way down the alley with his cellphone cause he wanted one of those selfies but never caught up with the bear. I asked him why it was when we go camping he's scared to death that a bear will come up in the night and eat him, yet here he goes chasin one. He told me this was different, I wasn't there, so he was defending the family, and he really did want a pic, haha!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tr some time back one night while I was at work we had one come up, look in the windows and paw at the door, and the younger grandson went out and chased it off, and chased it way down the alley with his cellphone cause he wanted one of those selfies but never caught up with the bear. I asked him why it was when we go camping he's scared to death that a bear will come up in the night and eat him, yet here he goes chasin one. He told me this was different, I wasn't there, so he was defending the family, and he really did want a pic, haha!
Well there ya have it. A bear attacked a lady today. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/19/bear-attack-reported-in-golden-gate-canyon-state-park/

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great photos!! Leaves are changing here, but we never have the spectacular Fall colors that many other places have.

Thanks for posting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread