Located my first cache! Now how to extract it?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: I kind of like Oddjobs way of doing it. Make sure you eat their food and leave the dirty dishes too. Just take their TV, less work and it's worth more.

Moral questions aside.....I like the shopvac with a homemade attachment Idea(mentioned in an above post). That sounds the easiest and then your able to clean out the area too.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Oddjob, ( except the cat part ). It is one thing to discover your "house sitter" snooping through your stuff and quite another to learn that "a friend of the house sitter is snooping" through your house. If you would not search his property without first getting permission, then how can you search his house without permission ? If it was my house, that house sitter would be out of a job and possible legal actions taken. Friends do not do this to friends.

You still think I took your collection of Walmart collectible Teen Titans figurines from the hole in the floor under your bed don't you.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
You still think I took your collection of Walmart collectible Teen Titans figurines from the hole in the floor under your bed don't you.
======
My mom and dad made me sell my puppy so I could buy that collection and then you placed one of them on e-bay . :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys and gals, no biggie lol. I am friends with all parties involved. If i could get the coins out without damage I would have just done that. I tried but it would be way too time consuming. The opening is only wide enough for a coin to begin with. Since I'll have to use the fine tool and repair it with wood glue etc I just asked the homeowner and she said go ahead. My friends think I am nuts but know how much something like this means to me. Now I am just trying to find a convenient time. I'll take a photo or two and we'll have a good laugh if its just some clad coins from the 1980s but for me its the excitement of the discovery.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Since I'll have to use the fine tool and repair it with wood glue etc I just asked the homeowner and she said go ahead.

If you are going the invasive route you might consider doing it from the other side of the wall. Just consider what is less damaging and easier to repair: Wood that has been cut, or drywall.

OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the wood will be easier and less noticeable
. I m just cutting from one slot over to the other top and bottom. I was going to angle the cuts 30-45 degrees in so the piece has some support when gluing. I m not sure there will ever be a" convenient time" I was hoping to get it done yesterday but don't want to bug the homeowner too much. I did text her and got a response but it wasn't " come over n cut my wall ." Lol .

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dynamite... Oh, never mind...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread