What's new

LOGO Fraternal Org Group HELP! Ay Ideas?

biggbill

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago Il Suburbs
Detector(s) used
My nose. I sniff it out....
Hi! From an estate jewelry box. Rear is marked Whitehead & Hoag Newark NJ.

Any ideas what organization this is from or the name of the statue? It is a lapel pin.

Thanks for your Help!

Bill
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7873.webp
    IMG_7873.webp
    28 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_7876.webp
    IMG_7876.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 270
After stumbling around the net for a while, I find that the G.U.G. Germania Lodge is an organization for Catholic women. And that Ruby Lane attributes a Whitehead & Hoag pin to that organization. Hope this helps.


Chip V.
 
Upvote 0
The GUGG is a Wisconsin organization formed in 1898 (or 1898 depending on the source) as a mutual benefit society furnishing life and sick benefit insurance on as assessment plan to its members. The initials stand for the name of the organization and each initial represents a word about 20 characters long--I believe the language is German.
Don..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom