Looking for classic Depressions that hold targets....

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Dan (Dan in SJ) posted a couple of pictures on my Facebook Group "The Jersey Shore Beach and Surf Hunters" a couple of pictures that I thought he wouldn't mind my sharing with the folks here. The first is of the perfect example of a depression that was holding alot of targets for Dan on that day....the second shot is of the pile most of which came out of that area....Great job down there Dan!....I hope this helps a few folks here that are tired of walking the beach and want to dig more treasure!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54483518009&ref=mf

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Thanks alot for the great info an for sharing it with us .

HH Tank

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Thanks for the tip goodjob.gif I see some targets were actually dug out of the saturated area too. Were they heavy targets (quarters,sinkers,nickels,etc.) or lighter?(dimes, pennies,tabs) I'm just curious if it's the same as the targets I've been getting out of the saturated areas by me here in NY.

Attachments

• goodjob.gif
    goodjob.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 297

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks for the picture with the notes on them, it helps me so much. I am surprised that so much was dug above where the beach is saturated. I thought i should dig where it is saturated, I would not of thought right above it like that. I can't wait to go out and try that. So is more gold found in the saturated or above it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread