DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was interested in a DFX for its ability to change frequencies down to 3khz because I mainly hunt for silver coins, but I like a lot of the MXT Pros abilities, but am worried that since it has the same frequency as my tesoro vaquero, it won't make much difference in finding the silver.. Is the MXT Pro powerful enough to find some deeper silver over the Vaquero?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say anything about the vaquero but can say for sure the MXT will find deep silver with the right coil, I can get silver dimes at 10"+ with some being at 12", this is with the D2 coil and the detech 13" ultimate DD coil. The pro comes with the 12" coil which is deep but it needs to be pretty clean as it doesn't separate anywhere near as the D2 coil. HH

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say anything about the vaquero but can say for sure the MXT will find deep silver with the right coil, I can get silver dimes at 10"+ with some being at 12", this is with the D2 coil and the detech 13" ultimate DD coil. The pro comes with the 12" coil which is deep but it needs to be pretty clean as it doesn't separate anywhere near as the D2 coil. HH

I am struggling with my mxt pro a little due to chatter in areas that i dont consider "heavy trash". I will say i used 3 bounty hunters for a couple months and found mostly pennies and a few quarters. I got the mxt pro and went to all the sites i had hit with the bhers and i found several dimes and nickels. Was pretty cool to see the difference in quality machines.

Need to figure out how to tweek the pro a bit or get a coil that works "quieter" in parks with lots of metal play gear.

Wish there was a mxt subforum on here.
JMB

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and i found them 6-8 inches deep with the default 12 inch coil and sounded strong high ping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread