Looks like LR200 is being replaced

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like LR2000 is being replaced

the LR2000 still working so far but is slated to be replaced with MLRS by early 2021

ATTENTION PROSPECTORS & MINERS USING THE BLM LR2000
The BLM Legacy Rehost system (LR2000) has been shut down. I do not know if this is temporary or a permanent site closure while the BLM launches the Mineral & Land Records System (MLRS) program that is replacing the LR2000.
I have had a few discussions with different BLM regions over the last few months concerning the launch of the MLRS which on the surface, appears to be a more in-depth program that allows a great deal of additional functionality and has been promised as easier to use than the LR2000.
The full MLRS was not functional as of 12/14/2020 - 0600 MST.
Once fully launched, the MLRS can be used with or without an account. For those of us with accounts to MLRS it will launch in phases and Initially we will be able to use MLRS for mining-related claims, such as submitting a new lode, placer, tunnel site, or mill site mining claim.
You will also be able to take action on an existing lode, placer, tunnel, or mill site claim, including:
• Transfer of Interest
• Relinquishment
• Paying maintenance fees
• Submitting Affidavit of Assessment Work & Proof of Labor
• Designating Active-Duty Military Status
• Initiating an appeal to IBLA
I highly suggest that you please follow the link below and read the complete FAQS page.
https://www.blm.gov/services/land-records/mlrs
Although there will be a learning curve to the MLRS, I am looking forward to the updated way of interacting with the BLM reporting and functions.
Kevin Hoagland
Executive Director of Development
Gold Prospectors Association of America
Lost Dutchman’s Mining Association
[email protected]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The LR2000 is not working and hasn't been for more than a week.

This recent LR2000 outage is nothing new. The history of the BLM in presenting new access methods to their data has not been good. Let's hope that this time they can actually put together a working system. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks like the connection issues are coming from software used by Government agency's to connect to servers was compromised by Russian hackers
https://www.icmj.com/resources/news...hut-down-due-to-russian-computer-hacking-446/

I doubt that is the whole reason why the LR2000 access is down. The LR2000 has been out for over a week now, long before they were informed about the network control issues.

The LR2000 does still live on in Land Matters. I'll be updating the Land Matters servers tomorrow morning with the most recent (December 15th) claim and land status data. I'm still able to access and download the whole current LR2000 database through their secure server system.

If this LR2000 access problem becomes more than a temporary lock down Land Matters could serve you the same information you were getting from the LR2000. We built the Land Matters databases and maps so they can handle all the data. It would be a major project and require nearly a doubling in server storage but it is possible. For right now we are just hoping for some reliable information from the BLM on what the time schedule is for getting the public side of the LR2000 working again.

With the recent revelations about the Solar Winds and government network infrastructure being compromised for months I have doubts the MLRS will ever come online. More than just a hunch but probably something better discussed on another thread.

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LR2000 is back up and running at the moment.

If you have been waiting to research a location here's your chance. It's been up and down for the last 9 days so don't count on it lasting.

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heads up. if you have research to do involving the LR2000 you will need to do that before Thursday of this week.

The BLM is saying they are going to close down the mining claims portion of the LR2000 this coming Thursday the 21st. The MLRS replacement for the LR2000 mining claims reporting system is supposed to go live on Monday the 25th on another website.

The mining claims payment portal was closed down last Friday the 15th. You can't make a mining claim payment for 10 days until the 25th. If you mail in a payment it won't be processed until the 25th.

Land Matters has adjusted and adapted to two previous makeovers of the LR2000. In both those instances there was an overlap of several days of the old and new systems. That was to ensure there was no gap in service. Now there is a planned gap in service of several days announced just a day before they began shutting down their payment and reporting services.

The BLM is usually pretty informative about these changes and provide ample time and documentation for users to prepare. This time there is no documentation or preparation time. We have viewed the MLRS sample system from October of 2020. Lets hope they have modified and improved on it since then. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MLRS is live. It looks like a good step forward, but it not as nice as Land Matters in some ways. Is Land Matters still getting updated?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Land Matters is working with the BLM this week to integrate their new database system. It's a huge project on short notice but with a little cooperation from the BLM Land Matters maps will continue to be be updated twice a month as they have for more than 7 years. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread