What's new

LOST FREIGHT in NEW ZEALAND

Snowhite

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Greetings Treasure netters, I'm the 'lost freight' man way down here in NZ and I have a fine piece of 'something ' for everyone to get there heads around. It arrived by airfreight, from Singapore (I think) and the only identifying mark is this HVT100202NZ, on the box. It is a well made cylinder,an engineered piece measuring....
760mm long x 210mm od wide (190mm id)
there is a milled flange type collar on one end, when I first saw it I thought it was a sleeve for a oilwell mud pump, but I've shown it to several oil field supply folks down here, and they are still scratching their heads.
I get a lot of unusual things down here being at the end of the air freight run, this is where the air lines unload all their goodies...and that's where I come in.
Hope you can help
Lewis

Ok folks I've read the collective thoughts of you all and I think it begins to make sense, I think it's off a large earthmoving machine, thinking Bucyrus/Terex, I tried that company in Australia and US, they didn't recognize the HVT part number, but I think we're on the right track.

I've loaded some more pics guys, in order down they are....
1 x View fro the top looking down the internal bore 190mm ID
2 x Bottom showing internal flange, outer bore is smooth after top flange, milled smooth
3 x total outer bore 760mm smooth (red dustpan for size)
4 x Outer shot of travel box with HVT100202NZ
5 x top flange
 

Attachments

  • P5060027.webp
    P5060027.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 624
  • PA180007.webp
    PA180007.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 368
  • PA180004.webp
    PA180004.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 350
  • PA180003.webp
    PA180003.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 354
  • PA180011.webp
    PA180011.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 367
  • PA180009.webp
    PA180009.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 346

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom