Love Those Coin Spills

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I headed out this morning to a Junior High School that was built in 1963. The original school was small but about twenty years ago the town built a huge addition to it which covers a good portion of the original playground. In my opinion the new addition looks more like a prison than a school. I've dug some silver coins at this site in the past but found none today. I did dig 45 clads with a face value of $6.26 and a junk ring with a small stone on it. The best find of the day was a six coin spill (five quarters and a nickel) which so far this year is the best coin spill I've dug. Conditions were kind of miserable with heavy overcast skies, wet grass from the morning's rain, temps only in the mid 40's and a steady 25MPH wind. Still waiting for spring to arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1380 (2).JPG
    IMG_1380 (2).JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed out this morning to a Junior High School that was built in 1963. The original school was small but about twenty years ago the town built a huge addition to it which covers a good portion of the original playground. In my opinion the new addition looks more like a prison than a school. I've dug some silver coins at this site in the past but found none today. I did dig 45 clads with a face value of $6.26 and a junk ring with a small stone on it. The best find of the day was a six coin spill (five quarters and a nickel) which so far this year is the best coin spill I've dug. Conditions were kind of miserable with heavy overcast skies, wet grass from the morning's rain, temps only in the mid 40's and a steady 25MPH wind. Still waiting for spring to arrive.
Cool Spill!!! Gas Money for sure!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Massachusetts about a week ago...and that wind had a chill in it...cut right through my clothes...
And you're right...the newer part does resemble a prison! :)

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in Massachusetts about a week ago...and that wind had a chill in it...cut right through my clothes...
And you're right...the newer part does resemble a prison! :)
I had three layers of clothing on and the wind was going right through all three layers.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very NICE FIND CONGRATULATIONS !!1

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done with the spill and overall totals.
Found the only thing that works is an outer wear that will cut the wind.
Doesn't matter how many layers one has on the winds will chill the bones it seems.
H/H rain gear is expensive but well worth the comfort level.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that looks like a fun haul anyway, thanks for posting

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done with the spill and overall totals.
Found the only thing that works is an outer wear that will cut the wind.
Doesn't matter how many layers one has on the winds will chill the bones it seems.
H/H rain gear is expensive but well worth the comfort level.
Thanks.........concerning the clothing , my outermost item was a "wind resistant" jacket. It didn't help much.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that does look like a prison. Nice haul, congrats!
Thank you......they're not making schools like the ones when I went to school, that's for sure.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One good coin spill can make your whole day! Nice finds.
Ohe good coin spill can make your whole life if there the right type of coins (gold for instance) LOL

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ohe good coin spill can make your whole life if there the right type of coins (gold for instance) LOL
The only gold coin spill I ever dug was a "spill of one". :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread