Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After work hunt at the pounded seated field. Worked the area outside of the iron where I have pulled a few in the past including the half. The dime was a perfect signal and the indians were pretty good signals too. I think Im benefitting from the absence of corn stubble this year. It was a real pain last year trying to swing around it. Other than the staining, the dime looks to have been dropped in 1875. One of the best out of the now 20 seated to come outa the ground here

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    645 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    652.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 25
Amazing....that's a lot of seated coins from one area. Nice find!

Congrats on the seated dime. 20 from one spot unreal. I think I asked before but what did you say used to be there ?

Thanks. It was a shortlived fairgrounds from about 1870 to 85

Sweet find from that fantastic site Toasted. :headbang: At this rate of 1 seated every 3 years it will take me 60 years to match your 20. :BangHead:

Sweet find from that fantastic site Toasted. :headbang: At this rate of 1 seated every 3 years it will take me 60 years to match your 20. :BangHead:

Thanks. Ive only found four total at other sites. So 1-2 a year is probably closer to the average.

You got a sweet spot if your yanking out seated like that... Congrats she is a beaut

Fantastic find. A big ole congratulations

that field is pretty insane. i'm just glad i snagged a seated from there while the getting was good. well i guess the getting is still fair based on your last couple hunts. and to think we both drove past that site about a million times...

that field is pretty insane. i'm just glad i snagged a seated from there while the getting was good. well i guess the getting is still fair based on your last couple hunts. and to think we both drove past that site about a million times...

Plenty of fields around here. Maybe one day we can find an even earlier gathering place loaded with spanish silver. This site will be very hard to top

Last edited:
Congrats on that first seated for the year!! Those Indians are nice too.

Just lovely! Ain't it nice to see that lovely lady smiling up at you. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back