What's new

M D recommendations

JC Florida

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
148
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been detecting for over a year now with a Fisher F4. It does a great job in dry sand and is somewhat effective in damp sand. I am ready to move up to a MD that is built for wet sand / shallow water environments. I've been doing some research but I would like to get the opinions of some folks who hunt these areas. Any suggestions?
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Can't go wrong with a excalibur.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
JC sent pm...
 
I've been detecting for over a year now with a Fisher F4. It does a great job in dry sand and is somewhat effective in damp sand. I am ready to move up to a MD that is built for wet sand / shallow water environments. I've been doing some research but I would like to get the opinions of some folks who hunt these areas. Any suggestions?
Garrett. Sea Hunter II great for beach or diving
 
I recommend the Fisher CZ-21. It's a great detector. 4-tones, good discrimination, all metals mode, waterproof to 250-ft, hip or chest mountable, and it goes deeep. Plus, every time somebody picks the detector that I picked, it makes me feel better about my choice. ;)

But seriously, it is an awesome detector...many people say that it's a toss-up between the CZ and the Excal, performance-wise. You can't go wrong with either, I think.
 
I recommend the Fisher CZ-21. It's a great detector. 4-tones, good discrimination, all metals mode, waterproof to 250-ft, hip or chest mountable, and it goes deeep. Plus, every time somebody picks the detector that I picked, it makes me feel better about my choice. ;)

But seriously, it is an awesome detector...many people say that it's a toss-up between the CZ and the Excal, performance-wise. You can't go wrong with either, I think.

68462-2467-fecmv-a.webp
 
Fisher CZ21 and Minelab Excal are what you are looking for. Since you already have a fisher you might be more comfortable staying with them. You cant go wrong with either machine though. I have a CZ21 and its awesome. I have found quarters 12-15 inches down is mushy wet saltly sand. Sometimes I cant believe how far down I am really digging. Plus it comes with a hip mount which is an awesome bonus.
 
CZ21 or Excal...Fisher customer service is outstanding, I don't have any experience with Minelab customer service but Ive heard bad things.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom