All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched it tonight also. My father in law said, now that's the thing you need to dig. I believe the one on the show was found in a field in Nebraska long ago.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right, I have always thought that it would be awesome to find one of those Peace Medals. Almost even better than finding a gold coin.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DREAM WHEELS got spinning after I watched that the other night!!!! Found in a plowed field WOW!!! Traded it for 3 pigs WOW WOW!!!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom was cub scout den mother when I was a cub scout and we lived in Kewanee, Illinois and she became acquainted with a fella at the post office, who I still recall had a house full of artifacts and she ask if she could bring us scout's over and he could show his collect to us and talk about how his massive collection came to be. and give us pointers on how we could find are own artifacts to start a collection. His started with his granddad and I still remember him saying his granddad had a cotton bag tied to his waist and as he walked behind the plow he'd be picking up arrowhead after arrowhead filling that bag up as he plowed the fields in the old days. I can only guess that's how this item was spotted walking behind a plow and then something shiny rolls over to the surface. Bet that hand who got the 3 hogs thought he got the better end of the deal back in those days.

Attachments

• plow horse.jpg
    plow horse.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right, I have always thought that it would be awesome to find one of those Peace Medals. Almost even better than finding a gold coin.
This item will only increase in value imo, maybe better then gold I'm thinking?. Rare thing to have and something many who have lot's of cash would pay up on to hold in their hand and say this is mine all mine.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a field that I was privilaged to medal detect that had the potential maybe having one lost there, but I was unable to detect the whole field. Maybe I will be able to some day?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
that kinda stuff makes me miss Larson's posts even more...he had a whole village site to poke around in...I don't know how he ever got any work done in that field!

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread