What's new

Mahanoy City PA Treasure Tale

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,834
Reaction score
76,272
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a Member who was working on this Many years ago. I never heard back
So .....

Lancaster daily intelligencer. (Lancaster, Pa.), 12 Aug. 1880.

The Lake Charles echo. (Lake Charles, Parish of Calcasieu, La.), 18 Feb. 1882.

a.webp
b.webp
c.webp
d.webp

Lancaster daily intelligencer. (Lancaster, Pa.) 1864-1928, August 12, 1880, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress



http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/l...+bag&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1




https://www.google.com/search?q=the+peddlers+grave&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
 
Last edited:
I did work the area a couple years ago, I also walked from the peddlers grave and backtracked, the problem is that there are lots and lots of places that were strip mined etc and they had no mercy when they did that, there is a couple different paths that might have been taken but some also disappeared. I have been on the road traveling for work the past few years but now Im kind of in lull with nothing going on anytime soon so I will be sure to go back over everything but unless I can find someone who has some in depth knowledge or rumors of the general area I would say it will be a shot it dark to find anything.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom