What's new

Make mine a Double

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make mine a Double


We received torrential rains last evening, so the diggin' was easy today. In mid-afternoon I made it to DoubleRock Park. First time for me and I had scoped out a small section to cover. Quite a mix of finds came up. There were six wheats dating from '39 to '46 (sound like silver is close by?), the usual clad, a BSA neckerchief clasp, and a few 'relic-like' items: an iron buckle, what appears to be a flattened section of lead pipe, and a reddish brown symmetrical shard that one might take for pottery, but it is heavier than any pottery shard I've come across. Definitely will be back to this park.
HH!!8-)

wheats_39-46.webpclad.webpBSA_neckerchief.webpbuckle.webpflattened_lead.webpshard.webp
 
Upvote 18
Nice finds! A mystery piece! Awesome!
 
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
not a bad day out, congrats!
 
Nice digs. Good day you had.
 
Sweet wheats batman. Congrats

sent from a sending device
 
Thanks to all who checked out the recoveries. Not shown is the 3 ft long piece of 3/4 inch rebar that I discovered protruding about 6 inches from the slope of a hill. Figured it was better pulled out than be there for someone to trip over. Now I've got a sturdy spike for anchoring a canopy corner! Recycling 101.
 
Very cool digs, specially in one area.. Good luck on your trip back...

The rain has been ruff along with the winds in the water...
 
nice day of digging
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom