F Fox Hound Jr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 42 Golden Thread 0 Location Arkansas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2019 Thread Owner #1
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 12, 2019 #2 Dimensions? Depth? Looks like a natural lintel above it so I would doubt it was utilized "as is" to begin the mine entrance.
Dimensions? Depth? Looks like a natural lintel above it so I would doubt it was utilized "as is" to begin the mine entrance.
Jason in Enid Gold Member Joined Oct 10, 2009 Messages 9,692 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2019 #3 Ive seen a lot of mine entrances but I've never seen one like that. Cant make a better guess without dimensions though
Ive seen a lot of mine entrances but I've never seen one like that. Cant make a better guess without dimensions though
joe_dirt Hero Member Joined Jan 15, 2013 Messages 596 Reaction score 666 Golden Thread 0 Location Southeast Virginia Detector(s) used Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 12, 2019 #4 I'm certainly no expert but I notice two fairly large rocks right at the opening I would assume if anyone had been going in and out of there with any frequency they would have been removed but what do I know
I'm certainly no expert but I notice two fairly large rocks right at the opening I would assume if anyone had been going in and out of there with any frequency they would have been removed but what do I know
F Fox Hound Jr. Member Joined Jan 29, 2017 Messages 25 Reaction score 42 Golden Thread 0 Location Arkansas Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2019 Thread Owner #5 A friend sent this pic to me. Will have more info coming later today.
wainzoid Bronze Member Joined Jan 29, 2007 Messages 1,053 Reaction score 1,565 Golden Thread 0 Location morrisons cove = smell our dairy air Dec 12, 2019 #6 looks like a spring to me.
ticndig Silver Member Joined Apr 17, 2009 Messages 3,656 Reaction score 8,619 Golden Thread 1 Location Cumberland Va 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used T-2-SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2019 #7 I have seen manmade culverts made just like that , they were made to allow water to pass under the Fredericksburg / Orange railroad. Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
I have seen manmade culverts made just like that , they were made to allow water to pass under the Fredericksburg / Orange railroad.
Force_of_Iron Sr. Member Joined Aug 19, 2019 Messages 374 Reaction score 504 Golden Thread 0 Location Formerly Ohio, now south Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 12, 2019 #8 ticndig said: I have seen manmade culverts made just like that , they were made to allow water to pass under the Fredericksburg / Orange railroad. Click to expand... Good guess that's what I was thinking. Have seen similar when they fill with silt and the area they were built for become overgrown and forgotten
ticndig said: I have seen manmade culverts made just like that , they were made to allow water to pass under the Fredericksburg / Orange railroad. Click to expand... Good guess that's what I was thinking. Have seen similar when they fill with silt and the area they were built for become overgrown and forgotten
tinpan Silver Member Joined Sep 4, 2004 Messages 4,681 Reaction score 1,593 Golden Thread 1 Location Eaglehawk 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used GPX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 13, 2019 #9 Hi , Arabic man made under ground water channel called a Qanat 1000 AD . Any chance you get some pics of the Date Palms and Camels . LOL tp
Hi , Arabic man made under ground water channel called a Qanat 1000 AD . Any chance you get some pics of the Date Palms and Camels . LOL tp