Manticore make its debut at annual trip to Seated Park

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two friends and forum members, EdUpstateNY and Park Pirate, and I make an annual trip to my old hometown to hunt a park I've dubbed Seated Park, for the large amount of Seated coins we've found there through the years. Yesterday was the day! Those guys made the 3 hour trek from New York and I came down from the Cape and we spent around 8 hours scouring this enormous park.
I broke out my new Manticore and basically dug everything as I work on learning the new machine. I found several interesting pieces, along with a worn shield nickel, completely wasted Buffalo nickel and a 1902 Indian, along with a broken silver ring and 11 wheats, 10 of which were from 1910 - 1929. Very pleased with the results, although my old frame is paying today for doing that much digging!
Ed and Tony both did very well themselves, and I'll let them tell you about their finds.
The last part of our annual tradition is to have a huge meal at the local Portuguese restaurant- I changed it up and went for the spicy chicken and Tony did a huge fish & chips. Ed stayed with the steak, but as you can see- huge amounts of food.
Can't thanks my friends enough for easily making this the highlight of my metal detecting year, and God-willing, we'll get to do this for many more years to come!

Attachments

• EdSteak.jpg
    EdSteak.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Finds1r.JPG
    Finds1r.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Finds2r.JPG
    Finds2r.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 56
  • JeffChicken.jpg
    JeffChicken.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
  • TonyFish.jpg
    TonyFish.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 19

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds like a great day of detecting with some very good friends! Congrats on your finds ( especially that drool worthy plate of food). I find it both fun and challenging to learn the language of a new machine. You did quite well for yourself. Cheers!

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two friends and forum members, EdUpstateNY and Park Pirate, and I make an annual trip to my old hometown to hunt a park I've dubbed Seated Park, for the large amount of Seated coins we've found there through the years. Yesterday was the day! Those guys made the 3 hour trek from New York and I came down from the Cape and we spent around 8 hours scouring this enormous park.
I broke out my new Manticore and basically dug everything as I work on learning the new machine. I found several interesting pieces, along with a worn shield nickel, completely wasted Buffalo nickel and a 1902 Indian, along with a broken silver ring and 11 wheats, 10 of which were from 1910 - 1929. Very pleased with the results, although my old frame is paying today for doing that much digging!
Ed and Tony both did very well themselves, and I'll let them tell you about their finds.
The last part of our annual tradition is to have a huge meal at the local Portuguese restaurant- I changed it up and went for the spicy chicken and Tony did a huge fish & chips. Ed stayed with the steak, but as you can see- huge amounts of food.
Can't thanks my friends enough for easily making this the highlight of my metal detecting year, God-willing, we'll get to do this for many more years to come!
Thanks for hosting us. Had a great day. Can't wait until our next hunt. Springtime for sure.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't thanks my friends enough for easily making this the highlight of my metal detecting year, and God-willing, we'll get to do this for many more years to come!
Nice finds. I love my Manticore.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that’s a fun day! Congrats on the finds, food, and friendship.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread