What's new

medical instrument?

419GottaMinute

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
408
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
0
Location
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this around twin bridges, CA. Rusted solid, appears to be thin sheet metal(maybe tin?) wrapped around the tines. Tried to show all the angles... Thanks in advance. The area has had cabins since the 1920's.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120928_195958.webp
    ForumRunner_20120928_195958.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 132
  • ForumRunner_20120928_200023.webp
    ForumRunner_20120928_200023.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 129
  • ForumRunner_20120928_200054.webp
    ForumRunner_20120928_200054.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20120928_200124.webp
    ForumRunner_20120928_200124.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 128
Almost looks like an old speculum, but I sure would have thought even back when that they would be stainless.
No, that's not it... Scratch that idea.
I'm veering toward non-medical.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's what I am saying!!!!!! I really think this was a tool for working leather or soft metal.
 
Upvote 0
Agreed, but inconclusive results, having googled "long handled stretchers (and expanders)"
 
Upvote 0
Thanks pyrate, you have ended the mad scientist nightmares these gave me! ;)
 
Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, these were held over a fire to get them hot. Now we have curling irons. Great job, Pyrate.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom