Medieval finds weeks round up

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well wall to wall rain today, so no detecting. A good time to post this weeks finds. These are the best ones, all medieval. Five hammered silver coins. Two Elizabeth I half groats, one Edward I Irish farthing. A short cross penny looks like Richard I (the lion heart) and a cut quarter. The artifacts are a nice pendant, showing traces of gold gilding. A small diamond shaped leather mount. And a very nice knife handle in the form of a human head. Looks like the wife will be taking me Christmas shopping today, deep joy.:laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_7497.JPG
    IMG_7497.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7498.JPG
    IMG_7498.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_7499.JPG
    IMG_7499.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7500.JPG
    IMG_7500.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 10
Fantastic finds Rob,
The hammies well incredible.
But I really like the head! Great piece.

Agree with Vino, Rob! The head is "Killer", but I really like the pendant, too! (& you can't go wrong with those nice "hammies") !

Iowa Dale

That was a successful week! Although hammereds are great every time you find them, the pommel and the cross pendant are exact my liking!

Cheers Vino, yes the head is great.:thumbsup:

Yeah, if I got that off a romano-celtic site, it might have fooled me until I researched it. Had many of these 16th C Knife ends including a panther head, but never seen the Human type -very cool.

You are hammered king, I've struggled a bit this year with numbers, but happy enough with the quality.

Agree with Vino, Rob! The head is "Killer", but I really like the pendant, too! (& you can't go wrong with those nice "hammies") !

Iowa Dale
Cheers Dale, yes that head is nice, and in good condition. The hammered coins are coming at a good rate now. Had 128 last year, probably won't beat that. Should though get close to 100, with a fair wind.

Cheers Dale, yes that head is nice, and in good condition. The hammered coins are coming at a good rate now. Had 128 last year, probably won't beat that. Should though get close to 100, with a fair wind.

We wouldn't get close to 100 this year with two of us. What have you got, several fair sites?

We wouldn't get close to 100 this year with two of us. What have you got, several fair sites?
Will tell you my secret Cru. The best way to find medieval coins is, as you're detecting, to sing Gaudete by Steeleye span. Youtube it now, honest.:laughing7:

Fantastic detecting week! :occasion14:

Will tell you my secret Cru. The best way to find medieval coins is, as you're detecting, to sing Gaudete by Steeleye span. Youtube it now, honest.:laughing7:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/253288-killer-day-roman-silver.html
Stranger things have happen, had a few odd experiences. Above stands out well. A bit of added background, it was my next dig after calling it & we have never had another silver off that field, in fact not that many bronze either. Plus something I've never shouted before or after this time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back